Dr Oz played a game called Family Food (a clever take on the game show Family Feud). This time Doctor Oz brought on two groups of women who have been supporting each other towards the common goal to lose weight and to get healthy. One team was the Healthy Housewives of Richmond, VA – also called the Healthy Housewives of Oz. These 2 women had one common goal to go down 2 dress sizes in just 90 days and they lost a total of 200 pounds. The second team was the Caruso Family, 3 generations of Italian women who learned new ways to cook healthy dishes on the Dr Oz Show: Nicole, Adele and Grandma Matty. In total, the Caruso Family has lost 219 pounds so far.
Dr Oz: Items to Throw Out From Your Pantry
The top four foods that Dr Oz wants everyone to throw out of their pantry are:
1. Soda – the high fructose corn syrup is like drinking liquid candy.
2. Breakfast Cereal – many cereals have simple sugars that just make you hungrier.
3. Fish Sticks – trade them in for real pieces of salmon.
4. Pasta – enriched flour pasta does not have the nutrients that you need.
Dr Oz: Omega 3 Fatty Acid Rich Foods
The top four foods that Dr Oz wants everyone to eat to get lots of Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which are great for your organs, are:
1. Flax Seeds – these are great sprinkled on top of your yogurt in the morning.
2. Walnuts – Dr Oz is always talking about how great walnuts are for you.
The winner of Dr Oz’s Family Food was the Caruso Family!