Dr. Oz: Broccoli Rabe Cook-Off
Dr. Oz asked three people with “Rob” in their name to compete in a Broccoli Rabe Cook-Off. Robera made her Alio e Olio with Broccoli Rabe Recipe. While this recipe didn’t win, it did seem like a fun spin on a simple pasta. Also try Broccoli Rabe Breakfast Panini, Chicken & Apricot Broccoli Rabe, and Grilled Broccoli Rabe Bread Salad.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of it in the comments!
Dr. Oz: Agilo e Olio with Broccoli Rabe Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Pound Spaghetti
- Salt (to Taste)
- Pepper (to Taste)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic (Sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Chili Flakes
- 1/3 Cup Parsley (Minced)
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 Bunch of Broccoli Rabe (Rinsed, Chopped)
Dr. Oz: Agilo e Olio with Broccoli Rabe Recipe Directions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti 2 minutes short of package directions.
- Add the olive oil to a large saute pan and bring to medium heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure not to overcook the garlic, otherwise it will become bitter and dark brown and hard.
- Add the broccoli rabe and toss and cook for 5 minutes until wilted.
- Add the pasta, 1/2 cup of the pasta water, and toss everything together. If you have leftover pasta at the end, you can turn it into a Pasta Frittata the next day, by just adding some scrambled eggs.
- Serve and enjoy!