Dr. Oz: Grilled Eggplant Sandwich Recipe
Dr. Oz wanted to provide some great bread-free sandwich options to his audience, so he asked several online experts to share their recipes. Bev Weidner from Bev Cooks made a delicious Grilled Eggplant recipe. Also try Cauliflower Grilled Cheese and a Portobello Mushroom Sandwich.
Check out my attempt to reproduce it below and be sure to let us know what you think of it in the comments!
Dr. Oz: Bev Weidner Grilled Eggplant Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Large Eggplant Slices
- 1 Grilled Steak (Sliced into 1/2 Inch Slices)
- 2 Slices Provolone
- Raw Onion Slices (To Taste)
- Roasted Red Peppers (To Taste)
- Fresh Cilantro (To Taste)
- Olive Oil
Bev Weidner: Dr. Oz Grilled Eggplant Sandwich Recipe Directions
- Grease a grill or grill pan with olive oil and bring to medium high heat.
- Grill the eggplant on both sides until completely cooked through and nicely charred.
- Build your sandwich in between the eggplant pieces by stacking on the steak, provolone, onion, red peppers, and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!