Dr. Oz: Caulifower Recipe
Dr. Oz talked to dietitian France Largeman-Roth and America’s Test Kitchen’s Julia Collin Davison about ways to make veggies more flavorful. They teamed up to make a delicious Browned and Braised Cauliflower with Garlic, Ginger, and Soy recipe, the perfect recipe for a weeknight side. Julia Collin Davison said that the method you use to cook cauliflower can really bring out some great flavor. This is just one method of many to spice up that boring old cauliflower.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below!
Dr. Oz: Browned and Braised Cauliflower with Garlic, Ginger, and Soy Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Head Cauliflower (Cored; Cut into 1-inch Florets)
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Sherry
- 2 Scallions (Minced)
- Salt (To Taste)
- Pepper (To Taste)
Dr. Oz: Browned and Braised Cauliflower with Garlic, Ginger, and Soy Recipe Directions
- Add the vegetable oil to a skillet and bring to medium high heat, then add the cauliflower. Cook until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir together the garlic, ginger, and sesame oil in a small bowl. For a more Indian spice profile and some more creaminess, you could add 1/4 cup yogurt and 1 tablespoon ground coriander to the dish as well. The yogurt is a good substitute for the mayo or butter you might be tempted to add. Push the cauliflower to the edges of the skillet and add the ginger mixture to the center. Cook until fragrant, then slowly stir the cauliflower into the mixture.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, sherry, and water. Then cover and cook for another 5 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Take off heat and stir in the scallions.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!