Dr Oz: Pumpkin Seeds Excellent Source of Protein
What if there was one thing that could boost your energy, suppress your appetite, and increase your body’s ability to burn fat, would you want to try it? Dr. Oz says the simple thing that does all of these things if protein, but the question is, are you getting enough in your diet? Today Dr. Oz shares ways to eat more protein without even trying!
Dr Oz: Protein Food Sources Avocado & Sun Dried Tomatoes
Dr. Oz says that 50 grams of protein is the ideal amount we should all be getting every day and the best way to do that is by spreading it out throughout the day in order for it to be absorbed better. More protein in your diet will boost your energy, curb your appetite, and burn fat like never before, so Dr. Oz has three surprising sources for you to try!
- Avocado: 1 cup of avocado contains 5 grams of protein.
- Pumpkin Seeds: 1 ounce of Pumpkin Seeds contains 9 grams of protein and make a great addition to a bowl of oatmeal.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes contain 8 grams of protein in a 1-cup serving. They are great when added to pasta or bean dishes.
Dr Oz: Chocolate Avocado Brownies Recipe
Here is what you need:
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed smooth
Here is what you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small pan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the cacao powder, almond meal, salt, and vanilla extract and stir everything together.
- Mash the avocados with a fork, then use an electric mixer until they are smooth.
- Fold the avocado into the chocolate mix.
- Pour batter into an 8×8 baking pan and cook in oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Dr Oz: Dance Moves to Tighten Your Rear with Stepp Stewart
It is a new year and time for a new you, so Dr. Oz’s friend Stepp Stewart is here with the moves that will get your rear in gear for the new year. Stepp says dancing is one of the best ways to exercise because not only do you burn fat, but it is also lots of fun!
- Do the “Blooming Onion to tighten your thighs.
- Try the “Hard Drive” to firm your butt.
- Boogie with the “Rump Shaka” to shape your booty.
- Do the “Cake Maker” to banish love handles and tighten your rear.
Dr Oz: 5-Minute Meditation
Dr. Oz shared a quick and easy meditation routine to help ease your stress and improve your sleep.
- Sit up straight, close your eyes, and bring awareness to your breath. Breathe in for 4 seconds and out for 4 seconds.
- Think of a mantra, such as “Shivo Hum”.
- Think of an experience you love or someone you love.
- Ask yourself what you want to get out of today.
Spend just 5 minutes a day meditating to relax and cut stress.