Dr. Oz: Chef Jacques Torres
Famous culinary legend Chef Jacques Torres came by Dr. Oz to judge the dark chocolate creations of Dr. Oz’s fans, including a Dark Chocolate and Banana Crepe recipe, a Dark Chocolate Whopper recipe, and a Dark Chocolate Bark recipe. Ultimately, Jacques Torres chose the Dark Chocolate Bark recipe as the winner, but I think all three are deserving of praise!
Check out my attempt to reproduce them below!
Dr. Oz: Dark Chocolate and Banana Crepe Recipe Ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 banana
- Cinnamon, to taste
Dr. Oz: Dark Chocolate and Banana Crepe Recipe Directions
- Blend together half of the banana, the eggs, and the cocoa in a food processor. Then add the cinnamon to taste.
- Pour into a skillet and bring to a low heat.
- Slice the other half of the banana and put it on top of the mixture in the pan once the mixture starts to harden.
- Cover for a lid and let it sit for 3 minutes. Then flip it and continue cooking for one more minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Oz: Dark Chocolate Bark with Cherries and Coconut Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lbs 70% or higher dark chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 cup cherries
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Dr. Oz: Dark Chocolate Bark with Cherries and Coconut Recipe Directions
- Melt 1 1/2 pounds of chocolate in the microwave, setting aside the remaining 1/2 pound. Pause every 30 seconds or so to stir, until the chocolate is completely fluid.
- Layer the melted chocolate out on a parchment-paper lined sheet tray with a spatula to create an even layer.
- Sprinkle the sheet of chocolate with cherries and coconut. Make sure to spread evenly.
- Melt the 1/2 pound of chocolate in the microwave until fluid and pour it on top of what’s already on the tray and let everything solidify. You could refrigerate it or let it set at room temperature. It shouldn’t take too long either way.
Dr. Oz: Dark Chocolate Whopper Recipe Ingredients
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup walnut halves, broken into large pieces
Dr. Oz: Dark Chocolate Whopper Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring often.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Beat together the eggs, espresso powder, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until fluffy, using an electric mixer. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Mix the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, along with the flour mixture, and whisk together until everything is incorporated. Then stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line three baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop the mixture into balls. Put about 1/3 of the mixture on each of the baking sheets, spacing the balls about 3 inches apart.
- Bake the Dark Chocolate Whopper for 17 minutes until the tops of the whoppers are dry and shiny.
- Once done, slide the cookies and the parchment onto racks to cool.