Dr Oz: Debbie Matenopoulos Recipes
Debbie Matenopoulos, former co-host of The View and now cookbook author of It’s All Greek To Me, visited Dr Oz to cook up some Greek Yogurt Spaghetti and a Lemony Chicken Recipe.
Dr Oz: It’s All Greek To Me Review
It’s All Greek To Me includes century-old recipes that have been passed down through her family. It is dedicated to her father, who passed away from ALS; a portion of the proceeds will be donated in his memory.
Matenopoulos secretly married her husband during a trip to Greece, and their elopement was a prelude to their big family wedding at home. Instead, she got pregnant, and now the big wedding will likely be postponed until after the birth.
Debbie Matenopoulos: Dr Oz Greek Yogurt Spaghetti Recipe Ingredients
Make this Greek Yogurt Spaghetti for creamy pasta without the excess calories. Debbie said her mother thinks it’s strange how popular organic spaghetti is in America, because it used to be considered peasant food in Greece.
Audience member Seval taste tested Debbie’s recipe and compared it to Dr Oz’s mother’s recipe. Seval voted for the Turkish dish, but it turned out she was actually Dr Oz’s sister!
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 lb Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 2 Onions
- 4 quarts Water
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian Parsley
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Dr Oz: Debbie Matenopoulos Greek Yogurt Spaghetti Recipe Directions
- Cook onion in olive oil on medium low in a skillet for about nine minutes.
- Add garlic to the skillet for one more minute. Take off heat and cool.
- Boil spaghetti in heavily salted water and cook a minute under the package directions; drain.
- Combine parmesan, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper. Mix and break up any lumps.
- Reserve a bit of pasta water to meld the pasta with the yogurt sauce.
- Mix to preferred consistency.
- Serve garnished with parsley.