Dr. Oz: Angie Martinez Healthy Latin Eating
Radio star Angie Martinez came by Dr. Oz to talk about her first cookbook Healthy Latin Eating. She shared some great recipes from the book, including this delicious Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Jalapeno Marinade recipe and a Watermelon Gazpacho.
Check out my attempt to reproduce the recipe below!
Dr. Oz: Angie Martinez Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Jalapeno Marinade Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Puree
- 1 Medium Jalapeno (Cut in Half & Seeded)
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Onion
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Vegetable Oil
- 6 Ounces of Your Favorite Salad Greens
Angie Martinez: Dr. Oz Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Jalapeno Marinade Recipe Directions
- Put the chicken in a Ziploc bag and beat with a rolling pin to a 3/4 inch thickness. Dr. Oz got very carried away with this step, possibly because being a TV host is stressful and this is a great way to relieve stress. This thickness will help the chicken cook more evenly and faster.
- Blend together the jalapeno, sugar, salt, cilantro, onion, thyme, garlic, and pineapple puree until smooth. Then pour in to the Ziploc bags and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 45 minutes. Make sure not to leave the chicken marinating too long, because the salt will start to cook the meat after a while.
- Grease a grill or grill pan with the vegetable oil and preheat it to medium high.
- Cook the chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side, until cooked through and a thermometer registers the temperature at 165 degrees.
- Serve with greens and enjoy!
Leave a Reply