Dr Oz: Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
Dr. Oz says using a crockpot is one of the easiest ways to hand the cooking duties over to someone else, so he created a healthy recipe challenge and his fans came through big time! He asked celebrity chef Alex Guarnaschelli, a judge on the show Chopped, to help him choose a winner.
Dr Oz: Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Short Ribs Recipe
Dr. Oz started his healthy crockpot recipe challenge with an entry from Amiyrah, who shared her recipe for Sweet and Spicy Short Ribs.
Create a marinade with the following ingredients and allow to soak overnight with 5 pounds of short ribs.
- ½ cup Sriracha Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Sugar-free Apricot Jam
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Ginger
- Chopped scallions for garnish
Cook in an aluminum foil-lined crockpot on low for 11-12 hours.
Dr Oz: Cheesy Chicken Casserole Recipe
The next healthy recipe comes from Adria, who made a Cheesy Chicken Casserole that cooks in the crockpot and is good for you, too.
- 2 cups chopped Cauliflower as base
- 2 tablespoons Ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup Shredded Cheese
- 1-2 cups Mixture of chopped broccoli, mushrooms, and green peppers (or whatever you are in the mood for)
- Fresh spinach
- 8-10 ounces diced chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Flour to thicken
- ¼ cup Cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ⅛ cup Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
*Combine last 5 ingredients to create a Cheese Mixture
- In a slow cooker, begin by layering the cauliflower, ground flax, vegetable mix, 1/4 cup of cheese and chicken.
- Continuing layering until you have used all ingredients. Add the flour if you like a thicker consistency.
- Allow to cook on high for 4 hours.
Dr Oz: Pop Pilates
Get ready to pop off the pounds with Pop Pilates, which was created by Cassey Ho, who says she wanted to make regular pilates a little more fun.
- Dancing Dog
- Butterfly Knees
- Standing Side Squeeze
You can find Cassey Ho’s Pop Pilates workout series on YouTube.