Dr Oz: Healthy Entertaining with Martina McBride
Musician Martina McBride also loves to cook, and she is sharing that passion with everyone, including Dr Oz. Check out her DIY Mimosa Bar, Guacamole Recipe, and more.
Dr Oz: Martina McBride Around the Table Review
McBride, an advocate for women’s heart health, even recorded a song about a woman who battled breast cancer. She gets regular exercise and loves to eat healthy meals. She has put some of her best dishes together in the cookbook Around the Table.
McBride is a mother to three daughters, and Dr Oz said he loved her advice about entertaining and healthy eating from her cookbook. She said she loves making memories in her home.
The book even includes some party playlists, so Dr Oz asked Martina to show him a few quick dance steps. Check out her recipes and tell us what you think!
Dr Oz: Martina McBride DIY Mimosa Bar Recipe
Martina said that this type of DIY Mimosa Bar setup is perfect for a brunch.
- 4 bottles Champagne (or use Prosecco)
- 2 cups Lemonade
- 2 cups Blackberry Juice
- 2 cups Pear Juice
- 1 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 cup fresh Blackberries
- 1 cup diced Pineapple
- 2 cups Pomegranate Juice
- 2 cups Blood Orange Juice
- 2 cups Raspberry Juice
- 2 cups Mango Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup fresh Raspberries
- Set out the drinks, mix ins, and fresh fruit at a bar station for your party.
- Chill champagne in iced buckets.
- For more fun, freeze flower petals in ice cube trays to create floral ice for beverages.
- She recommended putting in the juice first before adding the alcohol, followed by fruit.
Dr Oz: Martina McBride Guacamole Recipe
Martina McBride is revered among her friends and family for her guacamole. One of her tips is to add the tomatoes last so they don’t end up too mushy. Martina shared that she is left-handed.
She shared her trick for opening avocados: take a sharp knife and hit it against the pit. The knife should stick in the pit and then you can easily twist it out of the flesh.
- 1/2 cup fine chopped White Onion
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 cup seeded, diced Roma Tomatoes
- 2 seeded, chopped Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 7 ripe Hass Avocados
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix onion with lime juice, cumin, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mash and stir well.
- Pit the avocados and scoop their flesh into the mixing bowl.
- Combine avocado with other ingredients. Leave it chunky or make it creamy depending on your preference.
- Add diced tomato before serving.