Dr. Oz: Rich Landau Tofu Recipes
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments!
Dr. Oz: Rich Landau Pan-Seared Tofu with Tortilla Crust Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic (Crushed)
- 6 Plum Tomatoes (Roughly Chopped)
- 2 Teaspoons Latin Spice Blend
- 1/2 Cup Tortilla Chips (Crushed)
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground or Whole Cumin
- 1 Chipotle (Optional; Diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (Optional; Diced)
- 16 Ounce Block of Tofu Cut into 3 Equal Slabs
- 2-3 Tablespoon Canola or Olive Oil for Searing Tofu
- 2 Cups Tortilla Chips (Crushed)
Rich Landau: Dr. Oz Pan-Seared Tofu with Tortilla Crust Recipe Directions
- Add a drizzle of canola oil to a sauce pan and bring to medium high.
- Cook the onion and garlic until you start to see some color in them, then stir in 1/2 cup tortillas, tomatoes, vegetable stock, cumin, salt, pepper, Latin spice blend, and the optional chipotle and jalapeno. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat once the mixture starts to reduce.
- Let cool completely, then add to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add a drizzle of canola oil to a pan and cook the tofu, searing on both sides until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Toss the tofu with with the 2 cups tortilla crumbs.
- Drizzle some sauce on the plate. Then add the tofu on top and drizzle some sauce on top of that. If desired, serve with rice or quinoa.