Dr. Oz: Rich Landau Tofu Recipe
Dr. Oz talked to Rich Landau, winner of Chopped, about how to make tofu more delicious. He whipped up some great tofu recipes, including a Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Tacos recipe. Also try Tofu Steak and Pan-Seared Tofu with a Tortilla Crust.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments!
Dr. Oz: Rich Landau Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Tacos Recipe Ingredients
- 16 Ounces Block Firm Tofu (Crumbled)
- 1/2 Cup Fine Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Fine Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Teaspoons Cajun or Southwest Spice Blend (No Salt)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Mexican Chile Sauce or Taco Sauce
Rich Landau: Dr. Oz Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Tacos Recipe Directions
- Combine tofu, onion, red bell pepper, tumeric, spice blend, and salt in a bowl.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a pan and heat to medium high.
- Add the tofu mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Once the tofu is nicely browned, remove from heat.
- Stir in the chile sauce.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings.