Dr Oz: Stress Causes Premature Aging
Dr. Oz spent the first half of today’s show talking about the new diet craze known as Sensa. It is certainly a controversial product, but many people believe it works and some shared their weight loss results with Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz’s experts are not completely convinced and they all encourage everyone to eat a healthy diet filled with whole foods in order to have a long and successful life while meeting all of their diet and fitness goals. Now Dr. Oz wants to talk to you about your temper and offer advice as he asks: What’s Your Boiling Point? Tips to Tame Your Temper. While is is normal for our blood pressure to rise a little in stressful situations, Dr. Oz is concerned about the long term risks if this is a regular problem for people.
Dr Oz’s Tame Your Temper Quiz
Dr. Oz says your temper may be putting your health at risk, so he has a quiz you can take right now to see how your temper affects your body. You may be at risk for problems like high blood pressure, premature aging, or even a heart attack, so this is a quiz you may want to take. Dr. Charles Sophy, a psychiatrist, says that anger is an emotion you may not even realize you are carrying inside of you, but it can actually affect things like your sleep, your health, and your mood, having a huge affect on your life.
Dr. Oz created this quiz to include 4 different scenarios and he asks you to rate your anger for each one from 0 to 5, with 0 being unaffected and 5 being your boiling point. He handed out copies to everyone in his audience so see how well they tame their temper.
- 5 – Boiling Point
- 4 – Very Angry
- 3 – Angry
- 2 – Agitated
- 1 – A little annoyed
- 0 – Unaffected
Dr Oz Temper Quiz Stress Scenarios
- Stuck in Traffic – You are at a green light, but the person in front of you does not go and the light turns red, causing you to miss the light. How does this make you feel? (Up to a 2 is a fair reaction according to Dr. Charles Sophy, Psychiatrist.)
- Coworker Misses Your Deadline – You are on a tight deadline at work, but a coworker does not do a task you asked them to do, which causes you to miss the deadline. How do you react?
- Child Spills Fruit Punch – Your kids know they are not allowed to eat or drink in the living room, but they do and spill fruit punch all over the couch and the rug. How do you react? (Dr. Sophy says it all about your deal with it, but a 2-3 is a fair reaction.)
- Wailing Baby – You are out to dinner at a fancy restaurant and there is a baby at the table next to you who will not stop crying. How do you handle this situation?
Dr Oz: Tame Your Temper Quiz Scores
- Boiling Point: 16 – 20 Points (You may need help.)
- Very Angry: 12 – 15 Points
- Angry: 8 -11 Points
- Agitated: 5 – 7 Points (Where the average person tends to react.)
- Unaffected: 0 – 4 Points (Dr. Sophy jokes that he wonders if you are alive and have a pulse with a score this low.)
Dr. Charles Sophy says to look at your results and figure out those situations that tend to set you off so that you can be better prepared to handle them when they happen in the future. Get Dr Oz’s stress relief plan.