Dr Oz: Do Women Need Testosterone?
Do you often get really angry, even over the smallest things? Did you know your anger “style” can actually have an impact on your health? Dr. Oz says depending how you react in certain situations, you could be at risk for certain health issues.
Dr Oz: What is Your Anger Type?
When you get mad do you boil over instantly and react immediately? If so, it concerns Dr. Oz because it could lead to heart disease if it happens all the time. Another reaction that concerns Dr. Oz is one where you sit and stew, or simmer, over something you are mad about, keeping it bottled up inside. This type of behavior can lead to debilitating headaches, along with other health problems because you need to get your anger out, but instead you are just allowing it to bubble inside of you.
The final response to anger that worries Dr. Oz is having no reaction at all. This can actually lead to constipation, which is definitely not good for your long-term health.
Dr Oz: “Wonder Woman” Pose Increases Testosterone
Dr. Oz says it might surprise you to learn the reason you are angry is not even your fault, but instead is due to low testosterone hormones in the body. Testosterone actually helps to keep you calm and your moods evened out, but women often experience a testosterone deficiency which can lead to fatigue, belly fat, anxiety and stress. The best way to increase your testosterone is by adding more zinc to your diet.
- Oysters – Eat raw or cooked. 3 oysters contain a full daily dose of zinc.
- Lean ground beef
- Stand in the “Wonder Woman” position – Stand with your legs shoulder width apart, hands on your hips and shoulders back. This gives you a feeling of power, which then tricks the body into releasing more testosterone. Assume the position for 2 minutes a day to boost your testosterone by 20%!
Dr Oz: Apple Health Benefits
Apples are great for your heart, your skin and your overall health, but how much do you know about this powerful little fruit?
- Golden Delicious apples lower cholesterol and keep your weight under control.
- Red Delicious apples are great for heart health.
- Granny Smith apples cause more saliva, which makes them great for preventing cavities.