Dr Oz: What Are Cankles?
Today Dr. Oz is talking about a problem that is plaguing women’s legs all across the country. It is when the calf merges with the ankle and you end up with the dreaded “cankle”, but aside from the fact they are a vanity issue Dr. Oz says they could be a medical concern so get ready to learn the facts about your cankles.
Dr Oz: When to See the Doctor for Cankles
Dr. Oz started out by explaining what causes a cankle to help you better understand what is really happening in your body. He says that they are caused by a fluid build-up along with a little bit of fat, which is often genetic, but in some cases there is something more going on that could be cause for concern.
- Pain or swelling could be a sign of a kidney or heart problem.
- Pitting edema, which is when pressure is applied to the skin and an indentation remains after the release of pressure, is another cause for concern.
Dr Oz: Hemorrhoid Cream Cankle Remedy
Dr. Oz says he does not want you spending a lot of money on something that is usually not a medical problem, so he has a few tips to help with your cankles and to improve the appearance of your legs.
- Hemorrhoid Cream is a good option to temporarily tighten the skin around your ankles by removing some of the excess fluid.
- Parsley Tea is a natural diuretic, so drinking it will help to flush any excess fluid from the body.
- Wearing a pair of nude colored shoes with a pointy toe helps to elongate the foot and gives the illusion of a thinner calf and ankle.
- Jump Rope for 10 minutes a day to firm up your calf muscles.