Dr Oz: Bug Bite Home Remedy
Dr. Oz asked for an assistant of the day to help him explain the signs of symptoms of a hernia, especially in women, as well as ways to prevent and treat them in the future. Even though women don’t usually associate their symptoms with a hernia, Dr. Oz says there are a few indications as well as a few things that could cause them and they all might surprise you.
Dr Oz: Hernia Risk Factors for Women
Even though most people think of a hernia as a male health issue, women can actually get them, too, so Dr. Oz shared the hernia risk factors to look out for if you are a woman.
- Heavy lifting can place pressure on all parts of your body, which can push something into the wall of your belly and cause a hernia.
- Chronic cough
- Strong sneezing
- Excess weight
Dr. Oz says all of these things can lead to a hernia because they sometimes force things that belong inside the belly to go outside the belly, which can lead to uncomfortable symptoms.
Dr Oz: Tips to Prevent a Hernia
Dr. Oz explains that the most common cause of a hernia in females is when part of the bowel pokes through the lining of the stomach and gets stuck. While they can be treated in most cases, there are other times when a hernia requires immediate surgery, so here are a few ways that women can prevent a hernia.
- Eat 2 servings of high-fiber foods like beans, pears, apples, and kiwis, every day.
- Bend at the knees when picking up heavy objects.
Dr Oz: Apple Cider Vinegar Sunburn Remedy
Apple cider vinegar has been around for centuries as a natural home remedy, so Dr. Oz asked his fans to share their surprising uses for favorite vinegar.
- Drink 1 tablespoon as an appetite suppressant.
- Apply to a bug bite.
- Treat a sunburn.
- Drink 1 tablespoon to fight a migraine.
Dr Oz: Dandruff Home Remedy
Dr. Oz invited viewers to share their best uses for apple cider vinegar and you might find one that works for you.
- Mix ¼ cup apple cider vinegar and ¼ cup of water in a spray bottle
- Apply to scalp after shampooing
- Wait 15 minutes and rinse
- Use twice a week
Dr Oz: Apple Cider Vinegar Sore Throat Elixir
- 3 tablespoons Clover Honey
- Warm water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Mix together and drink as needed.
Dr Oz: Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Deodorizer
- Pour 1 cup of apple cider vinegar into a resealable bag with a bunch of unscented baby wipes.
- Chill overnight
- Use as needed to wipe stinky feet or the inside of smelly shoes.
Which apple cider remedy are you going to try first?