Dr Oz: Best Way to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Would you like to say goodbye to unattractive stretch marks once and for all? If so, today’s Dr. Oz show is the one for you because he has new solutions to make them disappear for good! Also, natural headache remedies that work!
Dr Oz: What Causes Stretch Marks?
Dr. Oz requested an Assistant of the Day to help him explain why you get stretch marks and what you can do to get rid of them. Women commonly get stretch marks during three different times of their lives. They are during pregnancy, if they experience weight gain, or when they go through growth spurts, and they can appear on different areas of the body, including the belly, arms, and legs.
Dr. Oz says stretch marks actually begin underneath the skin and then move to the surface as you grow or swell, depending on the cause, and then you are left with colorful scars on the outside of your skin. The good news is that Dr. Oz has a couple solutions to erase your stretch marks and improve the appearance of your skin.
- Vitamin C lotion boosts collagen. Apply twice daily, once in the morning and once at night.
- Tretinoin Cream is a prescription form of Vitamin A, which is powerful at reducing the signs of stretch marks, but give it about 12 weeks to see results.
- Buy over-the-counter Retinol cream for similar benefits to the prescription tretinoin, but just allow a little longer to notice a difference.
- Microdermabrasion is a procedure that allows the skin to grow and then repair itself and heal the stretch marks. You would need about 3 treatments, which cost about $150 each.
Dr Oz: Headache Free Review Suzy Cohen
Dr. Oz invited Pharmacist Suzy Cohen, author of Headache Free, to share all-natural headache remedies that really work. Suzy says that even though there are many over-the-counter headache remedies, she often noticed they were not working for a lot of patients, so she decided to think outside the box to come up with some alternatives.
Cool-Down Heachache Ade
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ cup fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ teaspoon Spirulina Powder
Combine all ingredients in a blender and drink at the first sign of a headache.
Dr Oz: Allergy Headache Relief
Sometimes headaches are caused by allergies, which is why Suzy recommends a Quercetin Supplement, which is related to Vitamin C, to get relief from allergy headaches.
- Take 500 MG, 2-3 times a day
Suzy Cohen explains that there are some food triggers that increase your risk for allergy headaches. They include barbecue sauce, dried fruits (because of sulfites), and fermented breads like pumpernickel.
Dr Oz: Peppermint Oil Headache Cure
The last natural remedy for headaches you can try is Peppermint Oil. It has been shown to relax blood vessels, which makes it a wonderful cure for a headache.
- Apply to pressure points and rub together.
- Dab on temples.
- Take a whiff of the peppermint oil.
Peppermint oil is especially great for tension headaches, so hurry up and add a bottle to your next shopping list!