Doctor Oz introduced us to Rocco the Cowboy, a meat loving man who needed to reinvent his diet to save his heart and his life. Rocco has inspired many of us to lose weight, like Tyrone, a bus driver who works 12 hour shifts and gained 60 pounds last year. Tyrone is on high blood pressure pill and cholesterol medicine and is especially scared about getting a heart attack since that is what took his father’s life along with his brother and both grandmothers. Tyrone struggles to even tie his shoes. He has tried dieting before, but it only lasts about one day before he falls off the wagon and he never feels like working out. His weight makes him feel unattractive, so he feels like he isn’t being the romantic man his wife deserves.
Tyrone’s Truth Tube Results:
Weight: 295 pounds
BMI: 45 (40 is the cutoff for morbid obesity)
LDL Cholesterol: 135 (you want it under 100)
Blood Pressure: 150/114
Rocco is going to be supporting Tyrone, along with Doctor Oz, on the following 4 week Raw Food Challenge!
Tyrone & Dr. Oz’s 28 Day Raw Food Challenge:
Week 1: Detox Week
– Replace cakes with raw fruits
– Eat raw vegetables
– Replace regular pasta with Jerusalem Artichoke Pasta or Whole Wheat Pasta
– Choose chicken instead of red meat
– Dr. Oz says that if you keep the temperature of your food beneath the boiling point (so no frying, baking at high temperatures, or boiling) then the vitamins are easier for you body to absorb.
– Rocco suggested not eating anything after 7 pm (which is always a good rule to follow!)
Week 2: Juice It Up or Smoothie Week
– There are loads of delicious smoothies you can make, like Dr. Oz’s Breakfast Smoothie or Dr. Oz’s Pineapple Banana Protein Smoothie or if you like the color green, how about Dr. Oz’s Green Drink Recipe.
Week 3: Go Nuts for Nuts
– Pack snacks, like nuts and seeds, to keep you from getting fast food.
– Eat veggie burgers or raw almond smoothies too!
Week 4: Hasta La Pasta
– Stop eating pasta, and try shredded zucchini or summer squash instead.
– Rocco recommends that we try not to eat anything larger than the palm of our hand… there is a reason we can’t fit our fist in our mouths!
– At the end of this week, Dr. Oz says that we should pick the things that worked the best for us to create a lifelong plan.