Dr Oz: Go From Manic To Mindful In 5 Minutes
It can be hard to think of Monday’s in a positive way, but Dr Oz’s Mindful Monday tips are a great way to make the start of the week a little bit easier. This time around, he shared some advice on how to stay present and zen, even when you’re surrounded by complete chaos.
Dr Oz: 5 Minute Mental Health Reset
Rhenotha knows all too well what it feels like to walk through the door after a tough day only to find that dinner isn’t cooked, laundry isn’t done, and one wrong move makes you want to lose your mind. Pause and do this instead: say “I just need five minutes.”
Put those five minutes to good use by going through the 5 steps on the next page…
Dr Oz: Five Minute Mental Reset
- For the first minute, ground yourself in your surroundings by taking off your shoes, planting your feet into the ground, and becoming conscious that you are entering a new environment with new energy. Then take five deep breaths.
- During the second minute, perform a mental hygiene ritual. Go into the bathroom and wash off your day. Wash your face, look into the mirror and be present with yourself. Take five more deep breaths.
- During minute three, check your body by squeezing and releasing tense or numb parts of your body. Stroke your arms and clench your fists.
- At minute four, repeat this healing mantra: May I be happy. May I be well. May I be filled with kindness and peace.
- For the last minute, adjust your mental health time zone. Visualize the person you want to be.
Dr Oz: Mindful Monday
Rhentha’s favorite minute is the first one, where she spends time getting grounded. She joked that she takes her bra off as well as her shoes to really get comfortable. Which minute do you think will work best for you?