Doctor Oz gave five rules to lose ten pounds without changing what you eat – my type of diet and weight loss plan! This is all part of Dr Oz’s “Just 10 Pounds” program. Dr Oz’s “A Team” for this project consists of:
Dr. Ro Brock – a nutritionist who loves food
Gunnar Peterson – a personal trainer who was chubby as a kid
Dr. Mike Roizen “The Enforcer” – a doctor that dishes out tough love and really want to reduce the obesity in America
Bradd Lamm – an interventionist who motivates people to change, because whether it was food, drugs or alcohol, he has been there before
Dr Oz began the show by asking each of them why they think so many Americans have been gaining weight. Here are their answers:
Why Are So Many Americans Obese?
– High Fructose Syrup – if you give this up, you will surely lose more than 10 pounds this year
– Inactivity – things like power lawn mowers have encouraged people to have a lack of moving
– Portion Control – we no longer know what is a healthy portion
– Food is used as a drug to help us cope – the need to feed
5 Rules for Just 10 Pound Weight Loss Plan
1. Cut out sugary soda
2. Do not eat anything after 8 pm. For people who work late, you must stop eating three hours before bedtime. People who eat late at night gain 19 more pounds than other people.
3. Move 10 minutes a day. A little movement goes a long way, but you must move and do some activity for at least 10 minutes every day.
4. Don’t eat snacks larger than your fist. Take out a portion and put it in a ziploc bag so that you won’t be tempted to overeat… and when it is gone, it is over!
5. Track what you weigh daily. This makes you accountable. Know what you weigh and track your progress.
By losing 10 pounds, you will go down a full dress size. Zappos has teamed up with Dr Oz to give away free Just 10 bracelets to help remind all of us of the goal to lose “Just 10 Pounds” this year. Click here to register for the free bracelet.