Dr. Oz gave 5 fantastic tips for beating the winter blues:
1. Peppermint Oil -helps with sadness and depression, and because of the menthol in it, it is a great energy booster. If you have never tried putting on a few dabs or taking a couple of whiffs before a workout… it is amazing!
2. Florescent Light – especially in the Northern states, where it gets dark very early, these lights can work wonders. Florescent lights are very bright and so they change the melatonin in your brain and keep away the winter blues.
3. Chili Peppers – the capsaicin found in chili peppers boosts energy, enhances circulation and will pick you up from your mid afternoon slump.
4. Ginger Tea – not only will this warm you up and taste great, it helps you with your weight so that you don’t put on extra pounds in the winter (like most of us tend to do!).
5. Ginkgo Biloba – helps if you have difficulty concentrating. Ginkgo Biloba also makes you more alert and cognizant of what is going on around you. You can either take Ginkgo Biloba Time Release Tablets or mix 4 drops of Ginkgo Biloba Organic Liquid Extract into a small glass of water (it actually tastes quite good)!