Dr. Oz had seven overweight sisters on his show today and gave each of them a medical stat that he will watch over the next 7 weeks. Each of the seven sisters have a name that starts with the letter ‘S’… very interesting. Here are the sisters from oldest to youngest, and what Dr. Oz will be focusing on for each of them:
Sheila – Triglycerides: there is a lot of fat in her blood because she ingests too much fat
Susan – Blood Pressure and BMI
Sylvia – Weight: she is having pregnancy issues and trouble conceiving
Shevon – Body Fat: she is almost 50% fat, and their measurement tool does not measure higher than 50%
Shana – Waist Size
Sheena – Waist Size
Sarah – Weight
Taj George, a regular on Dr. Oz who also has always struggled with her weight, gave these 7 sisters a list of 7 rules to follow over the next 7 weeks:
1. 7 Colorful Fruits and Vegetables Each Day – There is lots of fiber in fruits and veggies, so you will feel more full. Plus, fruits and vegetables are packed full of health vitamins.
2. Make Sister Food Substitutes – Taj loves candy, so she substitutes pineapple (delicious, juicy and sweet) instead of candy. The seven sisters love to eat spaghetti with ground beef and tomato sauce… so their substitute for this would be spaghetti squash (instead of the pasta) topped with tomato sauce and ground turkey. Anyone who hasn’t tried spaghetti squash, it is DELICIOUS!!! Give it a try.
3. Snack Smart – Instead of chips and pretzels, try wasabi peas or soynuts. They have a bit of a kick, but this helps you not eat too much.
4. Be Prepared with Premade Food – Every week, Taj makes a huge container of egg whites and salmon. Other good ideas are brown rice and big pots of soup.
5. Switch Up Your Workout – Do something different every day, here are a few to get you started: pushups, stairs, crunches, and jumping jacks.
6. Step It Up with Interval Exercises – Do 30 seconds of jumping jacks, rest for 30 seconds, do another 30 seconds of jumping jacks, and rest for 30 seconds, keep repeating. These interval exercises shock your body, and help you lose weight faster.
7. Start Your Day with Stretching – When you wake-up, do this as you yawn! Slowly reach your arms up over your head, bend backwards and reach back, come forward and reach down to your toes, breathe in and slowly come back up.
Dr. Oz left the seven sisters with the advice to e-mail each other, call each other and make each other accountable (call each other out when they get off track)! I can’t wait to see them in seven weeks!
Today we saw the show of the 7Sister, 7 rules 7 weeks and would like to know the outcome ? Thanks