Dr Oz: Acid Reflux Detox
For the month of May, Dr Oz was sharing brand new ways to detox. His latest was a customized detox plan to help with your acid reflux complete with a purple smoothie, a green smoothie and fantastic recipes to help you feel better in two weeks! Dr Oz was thrilled to welcome Dr James “Butch” Rosser, who he called the “leader of the revolution against reflux.” Dr Rosser explained the whole purpose of a detox is to “shock and awe your system” to get rid of bad stuff in your body.
Dr Oz: Acid Reflux Quiz
But first, it’s important to know and understand what your acid triggers are. Once you find those triggers, you know where to begin to eliminate the bad stuff and insert the good stuff. The first step toward better health is figuring out what’s wrong. So lets get to Dr. Oz’s quiz on the next page…
Dr Oz: What’s Your Acid Reflux Type?
According to Dr Oz, 20 million people suffer from acid reflux, but it shouldn’t all be treated the same. To help customize the plan a little better, Dr Oz and Dr Rosser created a quiz to help you determine your acid reflux triggers. Simply answer the following three questions:
- When you sit down to enjoy a hamburger meal, what are you excited about most?
- Customizing it with all your favorite condiments and toppings
- How fast you can get your food and get out of there because you hate waiting around
- Washing it down with cold, fizzy soda
- When do you feel like there’s a lump in your throat?
- After you eat something spicy
- After you eat breakfast on the go
- After you drink a big cup of coffee
- What’s at the top of your mind at 3 PM?
- What you’re going to eat for dinner
- Your to-do list
- How tired you are
Now go onto the next page to see what your answers mean about your Acid Reflux Type…
Dr Oz’s Acid Reflux Detox
If you answered mostly number ones, you’re a food trigger reflux type because you likely eat fatty, acidic foods. If you answered mostly number two’s, you’re the speedy eater type, which means you likely eat way too fast. If you answered mostly number three’s, your trigger is caffeine.
Dr Oz: Acid Reflux Causes
Dr Rosser claims that acid reflux is like a gift that keeps on giving. So it makes sense for everyone in the audience to get a gift that relates to their acid reflux trigger types. They had boxes that contained either a slice of pizza, a to-do list, or a coffee cup. The good news is that you don’t have to give up the things you love to find relief from acid reflux.