Doctor Oz said that by your 40’s you are usually confident and assured, but still pulled in all directions between your job, kids and aging parents. You have no time for yourself, and you may find that your usual workout routine is just not working anymore. Your face begins to resemble a road map with wrinkles, you get the turkey waddle under your chin by your neck and turkey flaps or loose skin under your arms.
Dr Doris Day joined Dr Oz to discuss how to get really beautiful, glowing skin. See if you can guess which of the following are fact or fiction from Dr Oz’s aging questions:
Anti-Aging in Your 40’s
1. Sleeping in the same position every night cases wrinkles? Fact or Fiction? Fact! If you sleep on your face or on your side, it will create deeper wrinkles, so try to sleep on your back. I am trying to get myself to sleep on my back, but I find it so difficult. Does anyone have any advice for how to get a side sleeper to sleep on their back? Leave a comment below if you do!
2. Avoid sleep deprivation in your 40’s, so you should not have coffee at least 4-6 hours before you go to sleep.
3. Olive oil cures age spots? Fact or Fiction? Fiction! Olive oils is great for hydration and it is great to eat, but olive oil won’t help with age spots.
4. Buy Hydroquinone to brighten your skin. The most effective is to get 4% Hydroquinone from your dermatologist, but you can get 2% Hydroquinone over-the-counter as well.
5. Losing weight can cause sagging skin? Fact or Fiction? Fact! Weight gain and loss can cause sagging skin, and it only gets worse if you drank lots of alcohol and tanned your skin.
6. Consider Thermage, a radiofrequency treatment that works well for sagging skin on your face and body. It costs $1000 – $3000 and can last for years. Thermage is a great tissue tightening treatment, and you usually need 1 treatment for your face but a few for your body.