Doctor Oz had Belinda & Brandy, a pair of twins, on his show because Brandy has lost 100 pounds, but Belinda is still very overweight. Brandy said Belinda has a lot of excuses and she is scared for Belinda. Belinda said it was easier for Brandy because she has no children, but Brandy does have a busy lifestyle, so this is not a good excuse… besides we always need to take care of ourselves first, otherwise we won’t even be there for our children or others.
Belinda’s Truth Tube Results:
– Weight: 360 pounds
– HDL cholesterol (healthy cholesterol that you want at least 45): 46 (so she is borderline)
– Percentage Body Fat: Dr. Oz couldn’t measure it because is machine cuts off at 50%. Belinda is more than 1/2 adipose tissue.
– Waist Size: 61.5″ (and you want this number to be less than half of your height)
– Number of antacids per week: 21,000 mg (she is basically taking antacids all the time to control heart burn, which does effect you eventually)
– Real Age: 38 (in real life she is 28 and her twin’s real age is 26)
Bill and Jim Germanakos successfully lost lots of weight and became healthy on the Biggest Loser television show. Bill and Jim will support Belinda and gave her the following advice:
Bill & Jim Germanakos Diet & Recipes from Dr. Oz:
1. Eight is Enough
You can have a frittata or omelet of eight egg whites, onion and pepper for less calories than 1.5 eggs.
2. Bill G’s Breakfast Brownies
Protein packed, delicious, and 6 pancakes are under 300 calories. Try Bill G’s Recipe for Breakfast Brownies!
Belinda has a 6 month membership to the YMCA in her area, and Dr. Oz said a great way to get started is to swim or walk in the pool.