Doctor Oz and Elmo, from Sesame Street, taught us a healthy (kid-friendly) recipe for Elmo’s Red Veggie Alphabet Soup. With the epidemic of child obesity in our country, it is very important that we start cooking healthy food for our children (and that we gather lots of recipes which are healthy and that kids will love!).
Elmo’s Red Veggie Alphabet Soup Recipe:
– 2 TB olive oil
– 1 cup onion, diced
– 1 cup celery, diced
– 1 cup carrots, diced
– 5 cups low sodium tomato juice
– 1 tsp pepper
– 1/2 cup cooked whole grain alphabet pasta
– 6 TB Greek yogurt
1. Saute the onions, celery and carrots in a soup pot with a 2 TB of olive oil.
2. Add the tomato juice and freshly ground pepper.
3. Simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
4. Add the cooked alphabet pasta.
5. Serve in a bowl with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper (if you like).