Doctor Oz and Daniel Sieberg, a technology expert, gave a great 28 Day Digital Diet to Detox Internet & Technology Addicts. If you are like the guest on Dr Oz’s show, who sends 1200 text messages a month and uses the Internet 7 hours a day, then you absolutely must take this Internet Addiction Test from Dr. Oz! Daniel Sieberg was able to lose 15 pounds, reduce the upper body tension and lower back pain he had, all by living in the 21st century but using technology in moderation.
Dr Oz: Internet Addiction Test
1. “Do you feel preoccupied with the Internet (for example, do you think about your previous online activity or anticipate your next online session)?”
2. “Do you feel the need to use the Internet for increasing amounts of time in order to achieve satisfaction?”
3. “Have you made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back or stop Internet use?”
4. “Do you feel restless, moody, depressed or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop Internet use?”
5. “Do you stay online longer than you originally intend to when you log on?”
6. “Have you jeopardized or risked the loss of a significant relationship, job, educational or career opportunity because of the Internet?”
7. “Have you lied to family members, a therapist or others to conceal the extent of your involvement with the Internet?”
8. “Do you use the Internet as a way to escape problems or to relieve a dysphoric mood (for example, feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety or depression)?”
If you answered “Yes” to 5 or more of the questions above, then you may have an Internet addiction.
The above quiz was made by Dr. Kimberly Young, founder of the Center for Internet Addiction Recovery, and was originally posted here.