Doctor Oz said that if you are getting nosebleeds, they could be the sign of something important, so don’t ignore nosebleeds! Dr. Oz also gave some great tips for what to do if you get a nosebleed and how to prevent nosebleeds.
Reasons for Nosebleeds
1. Common Colds
3. Dry Air
4. Leukemia – if you have a nose bleed for over 20 minutes, please see a doctor.
What to do When You Get a Nosebleed:
1. Do not tilt your head backwards, or you will swallow the blood.
2. Pinch your nose and lean forward, or even better is to put your finger inside of your upper gum (in between your two big front teeth) and press hard on the gum… hold this for 10 minutes and it will cut off the blood supply to your nose so that it stops bleeding.
3. Apply some Glycerin Lotion to the outside of your nose (right by the nostrils) with a q-tip or your small finger.
4. Alan root oil is a liquid that works as an astringent to dry things out… but after Dr. Oz tasted it and his assistant tasted it, and both of their reactions to the horrible taste, I think I will be trying the other options!