Doctor Oz taught us how to make Signature Cocktails called a mocktail or Red Tornado in his segment called “Solve the Mocktail Mystery” with Peter Esmond, owner of Rouge Tomate Restaurant & Juice Bar in New York City.
What goes into the signature cocktails that make Dr Oz’s signature cocktails like the Red Tornado so good for you?
Signature Cocktails – Guess the Ingredients:
1. The Drink Detective says that this ingredient has magnesium, which lowers blood pressure.
Basil has magnesium, which lower blood pressure and is in the Red Tornado mocktail.
2. Another ingredient in the mocktail is rich in vitamin C and is related to an orange, but smaller and sweeter.
Tangerine juice is the next ingredient in the signature cocktail which is high in vitamin C and smaller than an orange.
3. Dr Oz’s Signature Cocktails also contain a fruit that was once reserved for the elite and was considered prestigious.
Pineapple was once thought of as prestigious and contains bromelain, a protein digesting enzyme.
4. Doctor Oz also adds the juice from a forbidden fruit that can improve lung function.
Apple juice helps to improve lung function and sweetens the Drink Detective Mocktail.
5. The last ingredient in our Signature Cocktails is a vegetable that has powerful antioxidant protection through betaxanthins and is responsible for the red color of the mocktail.
Beets are high in antioxidants and make our mocktail a pretty red color!
Signature Cocktails: Drink Detective Mocktail Recipe
2 large basil leaves
3 oz tangerine juice
1.5 oz pineapple juice
1 oz apple juice
1.25 oz beet juice
Mix together all of the ingredients for your Red Tornado with a Cocktail Shaker. You can add vodka if you want to make an alcoholic Signature Cocktail!