Dr Oz: Miracle Juice Ends Insomnia
Dr. Oz has already shared his Miracle Coconut Oil Fat that fights fat in your body, as well as his Miracle Chia Seed that will curb your cravings, but now let’s move on to an issue that so many people can related to, and that is getting better sleep at night. Only recently has this particular Miracle juice been found to have powerful benefits in helping people to sleep, making it a must for Doctor Oz’s list of 5 Miracle Cures. Read Dr Oz’s Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice review.
Dr Oz: Tart Cherry Juice Has Melatonin to Help Sleep
You may have enjoyed tart cherries in a pie or on an ice cream sundae, or maybe you just like eating them fresh from a bowl. Now you might want to start looking for them in the form of Tart Cherry Juice in the aisle of your supermarket. Recent studies have shown that the perfect amount of melatonin found naturally in Tart Cherry Juice could be the key to you getting a good night’s sleep. Dr. Oz says it just might the Miracle to end your insomnia.
Dr Oz: Tart Cherry Juice vs Sleeping Pill
Dr. Mike Dow, author of the book Diet Rehab, says the secret to why Tart Cherry Juice could be the Miracle to getting better sleep is because it has melatonin, which is important to getting on a good sleep regimen every night. He adds that those prescription sleeping pills that so many people turn to can be addictive, which is not the case with Tart Cherry Juice, so making the switch could be much better for you in the long term.
Dr Oz: Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice Review
- Tart Cherry Juice has just enough melatonin to keep you asleep without leaving you feeling groggy the next day.
- Tart Cherries, found in Tart Cherry Juice, are a healthy fruit that contains carbohydrates. Those carbohydrates release serotonin (the “happy” hormone in the brain), which helps you to be more relaxed and less anxious when trying to fall asleep at night.
- Drinking Tart Cherry Juice will become a part of your bedtime ritual, which will send a message to the brain signaling that it is time to go to bed, and ultimately keep you asleep all night.
What’s the Best Way to Take Tart Cherry Juice?
People with interrupted sleep who wake up several times at night or are waking up too early in the morning could benefit from adding Tart Cherry Juice to their bedtime routine. Dr. Dow adds that recent study showed that those who drink Tart Cherry Juice before bed slept an average of 39 minutes longer at night.
Dr Oz: Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice Recommendations
- Dr. Mike Dow begins by saying that regardless of how you consume Tart Cherries, they can be found right at your local supermarket or health food store.
- Look for Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice because it is the best source of melatonin.
Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice Dosage
- Drink 8 ounces 90 minutes before going to bed because melatonin works gradually to help you feel sleepy.
- Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate is another option and you can add 1 ounce to about 7 ounces of water and drank twice a day. That 1 ounce of Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate is the equivalent to eating 100 fresh tart cherries.
- If you would prefer Tart Cherries in frozen form, then you would want to eat about 2 cups 90 minutes before bedtime to get the same benefit as drinking the juice.
- Another option is dried tart cherries. In this form, you would just need to eat ¼ cup and get the added benefit of 3 grams of Fiber per serving.
Dr Oz: Tart Cherries
Dr. Dow brought one of his patients, Kalia, to the show to share her Tart Cherry Juice experience with Dr. Oz. Kalia shared that she was having trouble sleeping at night and was waking up several times in the middle of the night, leaving her feeling very tired. She was prescribed a sleeping pill, but says that she didn’t like the way it made feel, so when Dr. Mike suggested drinking Tart Cherry Juice she was a little surprised, but open to trying it. She says she was truly surprised at how well she was able to sleep and only woke up once on the middle of the night, instead of her usual 3-4 times, and felt energized and ready for her day in the morning.
Dr Oz: Tart Cherry Juice for Weight Loss
Dr. Mike Dow explains that Tart Cherry Juice is something he recommends his patients drink every single day. Unlike some supplements, the amount of melatonin in the juice is small enough making it safe while being effective as well. He went on to say that there are 140 calories in a glass of Tart Cherry Juice, making it a great swap for an evening snack. Not only will it help you sleep well, but it may also lead to weight loss and even lessen your risk for sleep apnea.
Dr Oz: Tart Cherry Juice vs Melatonin
Dr. Oz expressed concern that people are often taking too high of a dose of melatonin in supplement form, so he wonders about the amount found in the form of Tart Cherries. Dr. Dow says the amount in the liquid form is only about .08 milligrams, unlike most supplements which are usually around 1-5 milligrams. That is simply too much for people to be taking every day, but the Tart Cherry Juice amount is a healthy serving of melatonin that won’t cause any problems while still giving a full night of sleep without feeling groggy in the morning.
How Much Sugar is in Tart Cherry Juice?
Don’t worry, Dr Dow told Dr Oz that there is only about 20-25 grams of sugar and if you follow their recommended dosages above, you will stay under 200 calories. Not bad!