Dr. Oz: Jorge Cruise Recipes
Jorge Cruise came by Dr. Oz to whip up some great healthy alternatives to many popular recipes. These recipes are all extremely delicious and a lot less calories than their unhealthy counterparts.
Check out my attempt to reproduce them below!
Dr. Oz: Jorge Cruise BBQ Zucchini Chips Recipe Ingredients
- 5 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed powder
Jorge Cruise: Dr Oz BBQ Zucchini Chips Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees
- The thinner your zucchini slices are, the better these will be. Lay the zucchini out on sheets of paper towel and lightly salt them. Let them sit for about 10 minutes so the salt can draw out some of the moisture.
- Dab the slices with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the zucchini slices out evenly on the sheet. Depending how many zucchini slices you have, you might have to use two sheets.
- Add your favorite spices to the top of the zucchini, but don’t put too much. The zucchini will shrink while cooking.
- Bake for 2 hours. Check regularly to ensure they get to your desired level of crispness.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Dr. Oz: Jorge Cruise Apple Pie Popcorn Recipe
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- Apple pie spice, to taste
- Pop popcorn and then sprinkle with the apple pie spice.
Dr. Oz: Jorge Cruise Portobello Pizza Recipe Ingredients
- Large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp marinara sauce per slice
- Grilled chicken
- Part-skim mozzarella cheese
Jorge Cruise: Dr. Oz Portobello Pizza Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake the portobellos on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet for 5 minutes until they’re tender.
- Remove from oven and dress like a pizza with marinara sauce and all the basil, arugula, grilled chicken, and mozzarella as you’d like for each one.
- Put them back in the oven for 15 to 16 minutes until the cheese is melted and everything is gooey and nice.
Dr. Oz: Jorge Cruise Baked Pickles Recipe Ingredient
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 6 to 10 dill pickles, cut in half
Jorge Cruise: Dr. Oz Baked Pickles Recipe Directions
- Preheat you oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl until it’s well-mixed. Adjust seasoning to your personal preference.
- Dip the pickles in water, followed by the dry mixture. Make sure they’re well-coated and then put them on a baking sheet, being careful not to crowd them. You might need to bake in batches or use multiple baking sheets.
- Put the pickles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cook until lightly browned.