The Doctor’s Diet Cookbook
Are you looking for a way to enjoy dessert without the guilt as you plan for a healthy new year? Dr Travis Stork is the man behind The Doctor’s Diet, and its more recent companion, The Doctor’s Diet Cookbook. He shared a delicious Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe on a recent episode of The Doctors TV talk show.
The Doctors: Healthy Diet Chocolate Dessert
“You have to enjoy your food if you’re going to embrace it for the rest of your life,” Dr Travis said. Dieting does not mean you have to skip dessert, and making healthy changes does not mean you have to be perfect.
The surprise ingredient that you might not expect in this dessert is Avocado. Avocado contains Vitamins A and E, along with fiber and heart healthy fats.
Using real chocolate means you are also getting an antioxidant boost. Use natural honey or maple syrup for a sweet taste, and balance that with lemon juice.
The mousse was declared a hit by Dr Travis’s taste testers, who noted that “you can’t taste the avocado at all.” He suggested that you share his recipe with the entire family. Even kids will like it (especially if you don’t make a big deal out of the healthy substitution).
Dr Travis Stork: Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe Ingredients
- 2 peeled, halved, pitted Avocados
- 1/3 cup Honey (or use Pure Maple Syrup)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
The Doctors: Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Work for a few minutes until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides.
- Divide the mixture into individual serving containers (bowls or plastic storage containers).
- Cover and chill before serving cold. It keeps for up to three days in the fridge, if covered.
The Drs TV: Youthful Hair & Divorce Diet
Here’s what else the team discussed during this episode of The Doctors.
- How do you know whether a blister could signal an infection?
- Some parents are holding children back in school to give them an academic advantage.
- Is the ‘Divorce Diet‘ a good thing or a bad thing?
- Laser treatment could help for bladder leakage.
- Keep your hairstyle looking youthful.