Dr Oz: Secret Dangers Of Antibiotics
Doctor Oz spoke about Antibiotic Dangers. Did you know that you could get the symptoms of having food poisoning, but it could be caused by Antibiotics and not from something bad that you ate? Dr Oz said this is called C Difficile Colitis and there are some important tips you must follow when you take antibiotics to avoid this life-threatening complication. Dr Oz’s Assistant-Of-The Day was Traci from seat 92, and I would like to join in on Doctor Oz’s message to Traci’s boyfriend Dwayne – she is awesome, marry her!!! Ok now back to the topic of why antibiotics can be dangerous…
Dr Oz: C Difficile Colitis
Doctor Oz said that C Difficile Colitis is a bacterial infection that gives you symptoms similar to food poisoning. This is yet another reason why you should not take antibiotics unless you really need it. Dr Oz said that all too often people take antibiotics for things like a sore throat when it is not needed, but if it is not needed then why do their doctors prescribe it in the first place? Surely some of the blame has to fall on doctors for over-prescribing antibiotics!
Dr Oz: Antibiotics & Probiotics
Dr Oz said that normally when you eat food, it goes into your stomach and gets digested by bacteria that creates gas. But when you take antibiotics, it kills most of the bacteria in your bowel, so now when you eat food, there are no bacteria to digest it. So in essence, the antibiotics often kill off the good bacteria but leave the bad bacteria (C Diff) living in your colon and bowel. Dr Oz said that you can die from this problem, or at least get bad diarrhea.
Dr Oz: Probiotic Bread
Dr Oz gave a few tips for how to avoid C Difficile Colitis:
1. Never take antibiotics if you don’t have to.
2. Take probiotics like kefir (fermented milk) or greek yogurt. Or you can make your own yogurt at home which I absolutely love to do. Click here to read a post about how to make your own yogurt: Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Maker Review.
3. Tempeh is another source of probiotics that appeals to many people.
4. Probiotic Bread is a brand new product that costs around $3.99 and sounds like a very tasty option. I am going to do some tests on different Probiotic Bread Recipes to find an excellent one, so if you are interested in my final recipe please let me know and I’ll share it (just leave a comment below!).
5. If none of these probiotic options appeal to you, you can also take Probiotic Supplements. I recently started taking these everyday, and I am already seeing improvements in my digestion. If you are interested in the Probiotic Supplements that I’ve tried so far, just let me know and I’ll post the info!